Winter is coming to its end, only a few weeks to go! Enjoy this time to feast on oranges. If you want to change your breakfast, why not try an orange cake? With only quality products: naturals, rich in fibres and with a low glycemic index. And it’s a piece of cake to bake one!
Ingredients for an healthy orange cake
- 7 oz/200g acacia honey or the one you have, preferably organic
- 6 oz/75g spelt flour
- 6 oz/75g wheat flour (T55)
- 7 oz/50g oat bran
- 7 oz/50g hazelnut powder
- 3 egg whites
- 100ml milk
- The zest of one orange
- The juice from the zested orange
- Vanilla powder
- 1 package active dry yeast or baking soda
How to make your healthy orange cake
- Preheat the oven to 180 C
- Mix all the dry ingredients: sifted flours, yeast, bran, hazelnut and vanilla powders.
- Add the milk, the orange juice, the zest and the honey. Mix well.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and gently fold in the mixture.
- Pour in a medium cake tin and bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
Leave to cool and enjoy either for dessert or for breakfast.