Now you can harvest the first zucchini from your vegetable garden. Instead of cooking the courgettes as usual, sliced or filled, we present you with an alternative recipe “Courgetti spaghetti”, also called “courgetti”.
As a low carbohydrate spaghetti alternative, they are not only incredibly delicious, but also a tasty healthy change to ordinary pasta. With this recipe, children are also given more vegetables to their diet.
Ingredients for 3-4 persons
- 2 ripe courgettes
- 3-4 eggs (depending on number of guests)
- chopped bacon (lardons)
- 1 red onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 80g grated Parmesan cheese
- olive oil
- Wash the courgettes and keep the peel to add to your composter if they are from your garden and organic . To get “spaghetti”, either cut the vegetables into fine strips with a normal knife, use a peeler or grab a special spiral cutter.
- Toss the diced onion and garlic in a pan with some olive oil.
- Then add the chopped bacon and fry for 3-4 minutes with constant stirring.
- Add the courgette strips and simmer for a few minutes, then add the grated parmesan and cook for 2-3 minutes
- Prepare the fried egg, crack them in a coated pan and let them cook until the egg whites set.
- Serve the courgetti spaghetti on a warmed plate, top with the fried egg and season with pepper as needed.
This recipe can also be made using butternut squash in place of the courgettes.
If you have suggestions on courgettes or would like to share your own recipes with others, we are looking forward to your ideas.
Enjoy your meal.